Sunday, April 14, 2013

Hey Open Up, I'm Knocking Here!



(Sunday, April 7th)

"God, I don't know where I am going or what I am supposed to do, so please open and close doors, as You will, so that I can know where I am to go."

I think we've all prayed prayers at some point in time that we may or may not totally understand--even as the words roll off our lips. For me, the revelation of the later came after I heard myself complain shortly after praying that surrender prayer: “God, come on! What do you expect me to do? You gotta open up some doors here!”

Hmmmm, God’s gotta? and what about that first prayer, “open and CLOSE doors as YOU will”...? Kinda makes me wonder just how well I understood what I was actually praying.

I don’t know whether God was trying to test me by making me own-up to what I was praying, or whether He just really wanted me where He had put me by closing doors and opening others—not the doors I was expecting Him to change, I might add.

In this short-term trial, my frustration ebbed when I started seeing the fruits of God’s wisdom in keeping me right where I had been re-planted. In the long-term sense, the experience has pushed me to start praying more for strength, trust, and Faith in Him and His infinitely good plan. I don’t know for sure, but the next trial may not have such a quick turnaround time from frustration to harvesting the fruits of God’s plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment